Scan to Canopy with the Desktop Assistant
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Scan to the Desktop Assistant
To scan to the desktop assistant, you must first configure your scanner software to work with Canopy. Once configured, ensure that the scanner is connected to your computer. The process outlined here relates specifically to the Fujitsu ScanSnap xI1500 scanner. Your process may differ depending on your scanner.
1. Select the Canopy Desktop assistant profile that you created.
2. Press Scan on your scanner.
- The desktop assistant will provide a popup window.
3. Fill out the required fields in the popup window:
- Input a file name.
- Search for and select a Contact for the file to be uploaded to.
- Choose or create a folder destination for the file.
4. Click Upload.
- The scanned file will be uploaded to the specified contact folder.
5. To view the uploaded file in Canopy, click on the desktop assistant icon in your application tray.
6. Click the View in Canopy text, in-line with your scanned file.
- The file will open inside the Canopy app on your default web browser.