Install the Desktop Assistant
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of ContentsDownload Required1. Click Download now on the Desktop Assistant landing page.2. Click on the executable (.exe) file you just downloaded to launch the installer.3. Click on the Desktop Assistant tray icon to launch the Desktop Assistant.4. Click Sign in on the Canopy popup.5. Enter your login credentials on the web browser popup.
The Desktop Assistant enables you to select files from your computer and send them to a contact’s folder in Canopy without navigating back and forth between your local files and your Canopy account. With the Desktop Assistant, you can also edit files in Canopy using your preferred application on your computer and have the file automatically re-upload to Canopy. Overall, the desktop assistant is designed to save you time and connect Canopy to your favorite programs.
1. Click Download now on the Desktop Assistant landing page.
2. Click on the executable (.exe) file you just downloaded to launch the installer.
- Windows will ask you to confirm that you allow Canopy Desktop Assistant to make changes to your device. Click Yes to allow the installer to install the Desktop Assistant.
- The installer will proceed to install the Desktop Assistant on your computer.
3. Click on the Desktop Assistant tray icon to launch the Desktop Assistant.
- After first installing, the Desktop Assistant should open automatically.
4. Click Sign in on the Canopy popup.
5. Enter your login credentials on the web browser popup.
- Once you log in, you can close out of the browser window.
- You can now access the desktop assistant at any time by clicking on the Desktop Assistant icon on your application tray.
- For help with using the Desktop Assistant, please refer to our Desktop Assistant articles.