Create a Task
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of ContentsIn-App Guide1. Click Create Task on the slide-in panel.2. Enter some basic information in the Create Task window.3. Select an option from the Repeat drop-down menu.4. Click Select a date in the date field.5. Click Create and manage to navigate to the Task Workspace.Managing a Task on the Task Workspace1. Start a timer for the task by clicking the Timer icon (a watch).2. Set a task's priority by clicking the priority tag.3. Change the Status of a task by clicking on the status dropdown.4. As needed, click Add a tool to add a tool to the task.5. Add a File or a Note to the task by clicking the Add icon (+) in their associated box. 6. Add subtasks or client requests to the task by clicking their respective buttons in the Subtasks box.7. If the task was created from an email, the Emails box will be visible. Click on the Email to open the email in a new overlay.
With this streamlined process, you can assign a task to a contact and add any number of team members to each task. You can also associate a task with a specific engagement and provide a detailed explanation of what needs to be done in the description field.
You can create a task anywhere in Canopy. To get started, click the Global add icon.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create, Edit, and Assign Work; Generic Tasks
1. Click Create Task on the slide-in panel.
- Alternatively, navigate to the Contacts List to create a bulk task for several clients at once.
2. Enter some basic information in the Create Task window.
- Fields that must be filled out include:
- Task name
3. Select an option from the Repeat drop-down menu.
- If selecting any option other than No Repeat, you will be prompted to enter the number of repeats for this task.
4. Click Select a date in the date field.
- You can add either a fixed or relative date. For more information on fixed and relative dates, please refer to their specific articles.
5. Click Create and manage to navigate to the Task Workspace.
- Click Create and close to save the task and move on to other work in Canopy.
Managing a Task on the Task Workspace
1. Start a timer for the task by clicking the Timer icon (a watch).
2. Set a task's priority by clicking the priority tag.
- Select from High, Medium, Low, or No Priority.
3. Change the Status of a task by clicking on the status dropdown.
- Select a preset status, or add a custom status.