Create and send a bulk tasks
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
You can save time and create a task for multiple contacts all at once by creating a bulk task. To get started, click Contacts on the global navigation bar.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create, Edit, and Assign Work; Generic Tasks
1. Select Contact list from the slide-in menu.
2. Click the checkboxes in-line with each contact you wish to include on the bulk task.
3. Click the Bulk Task icon.
- The Create bulk task window will pop-up.
4. If needed, click Template to apply a template to the bulk task.
- Select a template and click Apply.
5. Using the Status dropdown, apply a status to the bulk task.
6. Input a Task name.
7. Using the Assignee(s) dropdown, select team members to assign the tasks to.
- If a team member does not have access to the client, you will see a message prompting you to grant the relevant team members access.
8. In the Budget hours box, input how many hours you want to budget for each of the tasks.
9. Assign a Priority status as needed.
10. In the Description box, input any notes or instructions for the tasks.
11. In the Date well, add a Start date or Due date.
- You can also add other date types by clicking the Add a date button.
12. As needed, set up a Reminder by clicking Add reminder in the reminder well.
- In the When box, you can select the cadence for the reminder to be sent out.
- In the For box, you can select which Team Members will receive the reminder.
- Click on the Delete trash can to delete a reminder.
- Click on Add reminder to add additional reminders to the tasks.
13. Add relevant files to the tasks by clicking the Add file button.
- Select whether to upload a New file or add an Existing file.
- Add additional files by clicking the Add file button again.
14. Add a Client request to the tasks by clicking the Add a client request button.
- If you need a refresher on client requests please refer to the Create a New Client Request article.