Add a relative date to tasks
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
There are two date types that can be created in Canopy: a relative date or a fixed date. A relative date is a date that will initialize once an event has been triggered by the criterion set in the option fields.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create, Edit, and Assign Work; Generic Tasks
1. Click the Global Add Icon on the global navigation bar.
- A panel will slide in from the left.
2. Choose Create task.
- Alternatively, you can navigate to the Tasks Dashboard and select a task to edit.
3. Click Select a date in the Due date field.
4. Choose Relative date.
5. Select a time interval.
- Example: Days, Weeks, Months, Years.
6. Input a number in the text field.
7. Specify if this date is Before or After the event trigger.
8. Choose Date or Status Change Event for the event trigger type.
- Selecting Status Change Event will trigger the relative date based on when the task changes status.
- Status Change Event will only be available if you selected After in the previous step.
- Two more drop-down menus will load in relation to the selection you make.
9. After selecting Status Change Event:
- Select the Task or Subtask title which will have a change in status.
- Select the Status that should trigger this relative date.
10. After selecting Date:
- Select the Taskor Subtask title that already has a date associated.
- You can also default to selecting the Parent Task.
- Click the Select Task Datedrop-down to select a date already created within the task.
- You can also click Date Task is Created if you wish to measure a due date or start date from the time the task was initially created in Canopy.
11. Click Add Relative Date.
Add a Date from the Task List
Dates can also be added directly from the task list. To get started, navigate to the Task List.