Getting to know the Canopy Dashboard
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of ContentsUtilizing the Canopy Dashboard1. Click any events listed on the left side of the screen.2. The Tasks pane will display tasks assigned to you with a due date associated.Viewing Tasks from the Canopy Dashboard1. Click Admin.2. Hover over any team member's block of tasks to see the number of tasks assigned.3. Tasks on the dashboard are color-coded to designate:4. Click the Canopy logo to return to the dashboard at any point.
The Canopy Dashboard is the first screen to load in Canopy upon login of any practice management user.
Utilizing the Canopy Dashboard
Basic users, as well as admins, will be able to view the Overview Dashboard upon logging in to Canopy.
1. Click any events listed on the left side of the screen.
- The Event Details window will open.
- For more information on creating refer to the Creating a Calendar Event article.
2. The Tasks pane will display tasks assigned to you with a due date associated.
- Click View all tasks to navigate to the Tasks Dashboard.
- Click on a task to open the Edit Task window.
- Click on any of the blue numbers in the tasks modal to navigate directly to the respective tasks.
- For more information on creating or editing tasks, refer to the Creating a Task articles.
Viewing Tasks from the Canopy Dashboard
- License: Any
- Permissions: Admin
If you are an admin with a practice management license, you will be able to view tasks assigned to your team members on the Canopy Dashboard. To get started, log into Canopy.
1. Click Admin.
2. Hover over any team member's block of tasks to see the number of tasks assigned.
- Navigate to the Tasks Dashboard by clicking on any block of tasks.
3. Tasks on the dashboard are color-coded to designate:
- Overdue tasks
- tasks due this week
- tasks due next week
- future tasks
- future tasks include any assigned tasks due within the next three months.