Review Transcripts Documents
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Product Education Video Series
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
Transcripts can only be reviewed after they have been pulled. To learn more about pulling a transcript, refer to the Pull a Client Transcript article. To get started, navigate to a particular transcript in Canopy.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Transcripts
1. Click Files on the global navigation bar.
2. Choose Transcripts from the slide-in menu.
3. Select a transcript.
4. Select a report or document.
- Options include: Account Transcript, Wage and Income, Tax Return Transcript, Record of Account, Verification of Non-Filing.
- Depending on the type of transcript you requested, your options may vary.
- Click Download All to download all the documents to your computer.
5. Click on the Options menu to see available actions.
6. Select Print, Download, Save to Canopy Files, or Transcripts Settings.
Compare Transcript Documents Versions
If Transcripts have been pulled multiple times for a client, you will see the option to compare transcript versions. When compared, indications will be added to the pulled documents to highlight what differences exist between selected versions. To get started, navigate to the Transcripts Dashboard in Canopy.
1. Select a client for whom you have made multiple transcripts requests.
2. On the left side column, select which version of the document you want to view using the provided dropdown.
3. Toggle the Compare versions switch.
4. Using the Comparing with dropdown, select which transcript pull you wish to compare with.
5. Differences between the two versions will be indicated by a blue dot on the navigation column.
Save Transcripts to a Contact's Files
You can also save Transcript reports and documents to a contact's file folder. To do this, navigate to the Transcripts tab of a contact's profile.
1. Click the Save to files folder icon that is in-line with an Account Overview section.
2. Choose All reports or Select individual reports.
- If Select individual reports is chosen, check the box for the report you want to save.