Upload a Folder to Canopy
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of Contents1. Select an upload location.2. Click the Options menu icon. 3. Choose Upload a folder.4. Click and drag the zip file folder to the Upload a Folder popup.5. Right-click the zipped file.6. Select Unzip.
Upload an entire folder to Canopy with ease. You can upload a folder to a contact’s folder in Canopy, the Internal Files screen, or the My Files screen. In order to upload a folder to Canopy, you will need to first compress the folder in your computer by creating a zip file. To get started uploading, click Files on the global navigation bar.
1. Select an upload location.
- Click My Files to upload a folder only accessible to you.
- Click Internal Files to upload a folder only accessible to you and your team members.
- On the Contact Files page, double click on a specific contact's folder to upload a folder to that contact's files. This folder will be accessible to those who have permission to access the specific client’s files.
2. Click the Options menu icon.
3. Choose Upload a folder.
- The How to Upload Folders popup includes basic instructions on how to continue the upload process.
4. Click and drag the zip file folder to the Upload a Folder popup.
- The zipped file will load onto the selected files page.
5. Right-click the zipped file.
6. Select Unzip.
- The folder will now load normally in Canopy.
- Double click the folder to view the files stored in it.