Apply a Folder Template
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Practitioner Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Table of Contents1. Click Contacts on the left-side navigation bar.2. On the slide-in menu, click Contact List.3. Check the checkbox in-line with each contact you wish to include when applying the folder template.4. Click the Add Folder Templates icon.5. Select a folder template from the Folder Templates window.6. Click Apply.Applying folder templates from a contact profile1. Choose the Files tab.2. In the Files modal, click on the Add folder templates icon.3. Select the desired template by checking the inline checkbox.4. Click Apply.
Once a folder template has been created and saved in Account Settings, you can apply it to contacts from the Contacts Dashboard.
1. Click Contacts on the left-side navigation bar.
- A new menu will slide in.
2. On the slide-in menu, click Contact List.
3. Check the checkbox in-line with each contact you wish to include when applying the folder template.
4. Click the Add Folder Templates icon.
5. Select a folder template from the Folder Templates window.
- Verify the folder template you are applying is correct, as this action cannot be undone.
- Once the template has been applied, you will have to go through each contact individually to remove any applied folders.
6. Click Apply.
- You will receive a notification when the folder templates have been applied.
Applying folder templates from a contact profile
Folder Templates can also be applied to an individual contact from the contact's profile. To get started, select a Contact.
1. Choose the Files tab.
2. In the Files modal, click on the Add folder templates icon.
3. Select the desired template by checking the inline checkbox.
4. Click Apply.
- The folder template will be added to the contact's files modal.